Monday, June 25, 2012

Gram saves Momma

It was eventually going to happen, but Daddy left for his first long work trip since I arrived.  It was the first day home after the accident and Gram had come to visit.  It also happened to be Father's Day.   We had a nice morning.  Gram and Lilah made Daddy his favorite breakfast, biscuits and gravy.  Then he was off.  And Lilah and I were in the very capable hands of Momma and Gram.



It was such a fun week.  Lilah got Gram to take her into the pool every day.  Momma and I spent a lot of time inside because it was hot out.  We all went on an outing to the library one morning.  Lilah got some play time in and I got to take a nap in the stroller.  Lilah and Gram did some painting projects, including painting fingernails.



My big accomplishment of the week was that I turned 3 months old and on that day I slept through the night for the first time.  Momma was very excited.  But I think I was just catching up after the rough couple of days.  I still am too hungry to sleep all the way through most nights.

Happy 3 Month Birthday!

Then one morning we went on adventure.  Because it was supposed to be 113 degrees out, Momma and Gram got Lilah up early and we headed to the zoo!  We arrived right at the perfect time because they were busy feeding the animals.  Momma says this was one of the best zoo trips she has had because all the animals were out.  I spent most of the time napping though, waking only when Lilah would get excited and yell.  But I can tell it is a fun place and can't wait until I am excited and yelling with Lilah.

Jaguar having some breakfast
Gram and Lilah looking for the bears

I don't remember the bears!

The wild dogs came down for a swim

Mandrills strutting

Both lions were out relaxing after breakfast

Me relaxing after breakfast
Lilah got to ride the carousel with Gram while I ate.
I love my Momma and my Sister

Before we knew it, Daddy was home.  On the last night Gram was here everybody got a chance to go swimming.  Even me!  My first swim in the pool was great.  I wasn't sure what to think at first, but once I relaxed I really liked it.









Momma wouldn't have been able to do a whole week without Gram. Lilah was constantly fighting with Momma about sleeping and eating and whatever else she felt like fighting about.  But Gram isn't much different than Momma so I think Lilah was feeling like she was outnumbered.  I didn't really care either way, I just loved having some good time with Momma while Lilah got to play with Gram.  We sure do love it when Gram comes to visit!








No comments:

Post a Comment