Sunday, May 6, 2012

An Important Day

Monday April 30th was an important day for all of us.  First I turned 6 weeks old!  A little bit more about how I am doing at this ripe old age later.  Second, it was Lilah's half birthday.  She is now 2.5 years old.  And she is a great, but noisy big sister.  And finally it was Momma and Daddy's 7th Wedding Anniversary.   They told me that it only took them 7 years to make our family complete!

So because it was such a special day we got a special treat - Daddy took the day off to stay home with us.   It was decided that we needed to do something special to celebrate.  I didn't really care what we got to do, I was just along for the ride.  But Lilah decided that it would be fun to go to the Train Park.  They have some small trains that drive on a mile long track and a carousel.  There are some exhibits and a full size train that you can get on.   We woke up to a special breakfast and then we were off.  We got to the train park about the time I needed to eat, so Lilah and Dady went ahead and visited some of the exhibits while Momma fed me in the car.  Then we got out just in time to see Daddy and Lilah ride the carousel.

Daddy and Lilah after their fun ride

I was content in the stroller

After the carousel, it was time to ride the train.  I got to get out of the stroller to ride too.  It was sunny and hot but I liked to the motion of the train.

On the train


My first train ride!

After the train they let Lilah play around in the playground area for awhile and then had lunch.



One more carousel ride for Lilah, but this time with Momma.

Then we loaded up in the car to head home with a stop at a cupcake shop.  When Lilah was told it was her half birthday her immediate response was "Where's my cake!"  She's so funny.  So Daddy stopped to get her the cake she wanted.

It was a really nice day and I can tell that family outings are going to be my favorite days!

So what's up with me at 6 weeks.  I am growing like crazy.  Momma has trouble keeping up with me and making sure I am getting enough milk.  I have gotten into a pretty regular schedule now.  I starting to realize what is day and what is night.  I start to get tired around 8 PM but still need to eat again around 10.  Momma and Daddy give me a bath between 9 and 10 and then I eat.  I am sleeping pretty well after that.  Sometimes I wake up as early as 1AM but have been known to sleep until 3.  I eat again and then am up to eat every couple of hours after that.  I take a pretty good nap usually after 9 AM and then again after 1PM.  Otherwise I am starting to be more awake.  My eyes have started to really focus in on things and I like to watch the friends on my swing.
Those creatures are pretty funny looking

Oooh, a fan

Oooh, a camera

Momma and Daddy have also been getting me down to have tummy time.  I have always been pretty strong, but I have actually been pushing myself up and rolling over on to my back really well for the last couple of weeks.  If I am comfy on my belly, I usually just fall asleep and take a little nap.

It's hard work to lift my head up

Taking a breather


No comments:

Post a Comment